LOOK NO FURTHER
Find all your entertainment needs at TFL
THE LAMPS HAVE RETURNED!
ORIGINAL LAMPPOSTS, NOW RESTORED, RETURNED TO THE PORCH OF THE TUCKER FREE LIBRARY! The lampposts, which were originally installed on the front entryway of the Tucker Free Library in 1904, were restored this fall. They were removed in 1982 and placed in storage. Discovered by library personnel while cleaning the attic eight years ago, staff members began searching for ways to fund the restoration and return of the architectural feature on the front porch. This year Lynn Piotrowicz, library director, procured a grant to complete this project from the Moose Plate Program & New Hampshire Department of Cultural Resources through the State Council on the Arts. They were repaired by the Conant Metal & Light Co. in Burlington, VT. Now restored to their former glory, the lamps were rewired by Marc Aucoin and mounted by Keith DeMoura! Tucker Free Library Trustees and staff will hold a Lighting Ceremony on December 13th at 7 PM. The community is invited to be part of this special occasion! Information: 428-3471.